Reports To: Head Coach
1. Duties – Essential Functions:
- • Assist members in developing personal fitness goals and serve as a liaison to members
- • Coach classes per Coaching Schedule and within established guidelines
- • Develop warm up sequence of class to prepare member for prescribed strength and conditioning training
- • Ensure that all members get a great experience through promoting a very encouraging and warm environment
- • Prepare for each coaching session ensuring correct coaching points for each movement and all scaled options for prescribed movements
- • Observe and correct members form as needed; never allow a member to continue a movement with incorrect form even if in the middle of a WOD
- • Attend mandatory Coaching Meetings
- • Participate in the development of all Programming
- • Participate in development of Fundamentals Class Curriculum and future modifications
- • Create a welcoming, friendly and encouraging environment for all members
- • Greet potential members and be able to clearly communicate and promote CGX Fitness, sell potential members on our value and how we can help them achieve their fitness goals
- • Answer inquiries both phone and web
- • Ensure that all members are checked into Wodify
- • Sign up new members in Wodify and process membership fees correctly
- • Promote sales of supplements, add-on/specialty classes, and personal training; process all member transactions in Wodify correctly
- 1. Ensure correct Opening or Closing of Gym on a daily basis
- 2. Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of gym; follow established cleaning checklist
- 3. Assist in maintenance of equipment as needed; communicate any equipment repairs needed to Head Coach
- 4. Communicate equipment purchase recommendations to HeadCoach
- 5. Follow-up with new and current members
- 6. Ensure consistency in movement standards and scaled options for all core movements
- 7. Monitor inventory levels and report needs to Head Coach
- • All members consistently demonstrate the core values of CGX Fitness
- • Members are achieving results and feel empowered and supported
- • Develop and maintain positive relationships with all coaches and members
- • Direction: Duties are performed with no supervision; standard practices or procedures allow me to proceed alone at routine work; occasional work is checked while in progress; work is considered complete and accurate upon completion.
- • Safety: Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- • Teamwork: Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve CGX Fitness goals. Develop an effective and positive work environment for all coaches and members.
- • Education: High school diploma or GED; Must have Crossfit Level 1 Certification
4. Experience: One to four years of coaching experience necessary
5. Necessary Skills:
- • Work Ethic: Demonstrated solid work ethic
- • Initiative: Must be able to anticipate and proactively address issues arising from market conditions, changing business needs, team relations and other factors that could negatively affect productivity or positive work environment.
- • Attendance: Consistent attendance and arriving at required start times
- • Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as work orders, customer communication, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and customer correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to team members.
- • Math Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- • Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to withstand high stress levels and effectively resolve conflict.
- • Computer Operations: Intermediate computer skills necessary with ability to perform standardized applications on mobile device or PC.
- • Planning and Organization: Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize these tasks accordingly. Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing conditions through evaluation of plan and reorganization or priorities.
6. Physical/Environmental Demands:
- • Working Conditions: Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- • Work Environment: This will be a moderately noisy environment with loud music at times and noise generated from lifting barbells.
- • Work Schedule: Per Coaching Schedule.
- • Travel: No travel required.
- • Physical Requirements: –
- • Must be able to do the following activities at least 2/3 of work day: stand, walk, use hands or fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
- • Must be able to climb or balance for at least 2/3 of your work day. Capable of lifting at least 100 pounds. Can continuously lift 30 pounds or more for over 2/3 of work day. Constant lifting or carrying of items.
- • Capable of highly physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- • Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
7. How Your Performance Will Be Evaluated
- • Quality of coaching based on member surveys and feedback
- • Average revenue per member
- • Orderliness and cleanliness of gym
- • Attendance
- • Safety
- • Work Ethic
- • Team Player; Demonstrated alignment with CGX Fitness values and culture
Disclaimer: Although CGX Fitness has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position we reserve the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of CGX Fitness and at any time with or without advance notice.
If you’re interested in this job position, please email your resume to Megan at email@example.com.